2023 CECAM FLAGSHIP CALL
The 2023 call is now open until 16 July 2023 and results will be communicated by 15 December 2023.
The next CECAM year for events will run from 1 April 2024 to 31 March 2025. Flagship events can be run at CECAM HQ (Lausanne, Lugano, and Zürich) or at one of the seventeen CECAM nodes. Events involving collaboration between different CECAM nodes are also welcome.
Typical CECAM formats include workshops, schools and alternative formats. All proposals are submitted on the CECAM website, through the link below:
On the website, you will find more information and important guidelines highlighting the specificity of the CECAM format and style. Read this material very carefully: it plays a relevant role, in addition to scientific excellence, in the evaluation process. We strive to propose an open and inclusive program. Applications are evaluated also based on gender balance, diversity of geographical provenance of organizers and participants, and engagement of scientists at different stages of their careers.
If you plan to propose an event at the CECAM-FR-MOSER node, please contact the Director in advance: all the projects need the validation of the node director. Furthermore, this year we are running a pilot for a Matching Funds schemes: HQ has set aside a budget to provide co-funding for up to 8 events to be run in the Nodes. Applicants interested in this opportunity must contact the director for more details.
2023 CECAM-FR-MOSER STUDENTSHIP
CECAM-FR-MOSER offers grants for PhD students doing their studies in the institutions constituting the Consortium to participate at schools or conferences in current 2023 within a domain related to CECAM activities. Each studentship will cover fully or partially the participation costs. The interested candidate should submit before Avril 5th 2023 a dossier composed by:
1. Information on the School/Conference (web site, program …), the amount of funding requested and the aim of the funding (conferences fees, travel, hotel). See the provide request module template.
2. A Curriculum Vitae (CV);
3. A motivation letter explaining the importance and the pertinence of the school/conference for
the PhD program;
4. A recommendation letter of the PhD supervisor clearly stating that it refers to the present
The students interested can contact the CECAM-FR-MOSER director for further information.
The dossier (composed in a unique PDF file) must be sent to the following mail addresses no later than Avril 5th 2023:
email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org
The result of the selection will be known before the end of Avril 2023.
The fellows will acknowledge the CECAM-FR-MOSER in the associated communications (poster, oral). The fellows could be invited to present their work in a next CECAM-FR-MOSER local event.
The call with a template can be dowloaded here: CECAM-STUDENTSHIP-2023
NEWS: FELLOWSHIPS FOR MECAREACT SCHOOL
CECAM-FR-MOSER offers 2 fellowships to cover the registration (including accommodation and meals) for the Thematic School MECAREACT 2023. The fellowship is addressed to PhD students in theoretical chemistry/computational physics interested in molecular spectroscopy applied to reaction mechanisms. Please note that these fellowships DO NOT cover travel expenses.
The interested candidates should submit a CV, a motivation letter, the abstract of their poster to be presented at the School, and a short presentation letter from their supervisor not later than March 5, 2023 to alberto.mezzetti [at] sorbonne-universite.fr. The result of the selection will be communicated before March 10, 2023.
What is CECAM?
CECAM (Centre Européen de Calcul Atomique et Moléculaire) is a European network to promote fundamental research on advanced computational methods and their application to important problems in frontier areas of science and technology.
The missions of CECAM include the organization of scientific workshops in emerging areas, advanced schools to train at the graduate and postdoctoral level, workshops on algorithmic and software development, the development of collaborative research projects for Europe and beyond, and the sponsorship of an international visitors program.
CECAM is composed of 17 nodes across Europe and in Israel to work alongside the headquarters in Lausanne.
The CECAM-FR-MOSER is hosted at the Maison de la Simulation in Saclay (Paris area).
The node is sponsored by Centre national de la recherche scientifique (CNRS), the Commissariat à l’énergie atomique et aux énergies alternatives (CEA), the Université Paris-Saclay (UPS), Sorbonne Université (SU), Université Gustav Eiffel (UGE), Ecole Normale Supérieure de Paris (ENS Paris) and Ecole Chimie ParisTech (ENSCP).
The node director is Riccardo Spezia from CNRS/SU, the node administrative assistant is Valérie Belle from CEA/MDLS.
Other French nodes
Node scientific interests include:
- Theory, methodology and code development, HPC
- Electronic structure for strongly correlated molecular systems and materials
- Chemistry, Physical Chemistry
- Computational physics and chemistry
- Environmental Chemistry, Astrochemistry, Molecular astrophysics
- Biophysics and Biochemistry, Bio- and Nano- inspired materials and devices
- Material Physics, Surfaces, Nanosciences, Nanophysics, Nanomagnetism
- Control, Optimization, Quantum Information. Cold atom and molecule systems
- Classical and Quantum Molecular Dynamics. Force Fields and Potentials. Multiscale modeling
- Statistical mechanics, hydrodynamics of liquids, melting, glass dynamics, polymers, vesicles, membranes
- Modelling for the energy sector. Nuclear separative chemistry and environmental problems, Heavy element chemistry, Materials in extreme conditions, Electrochemistry
- Applied mathematics for Physics, Engineering and Chemistry